James Michael Pratt

For whatever reason, Blogger won't let me save James M. Pratt's link to his blog in my blog list, so I'm posting it here and hope you'll drop in and see what James is all about: http://www.jmprattcom.blogspot.com. James' newest book "As a Man Thinketh...In His Heart" is in print and available on Amazon. I posted an article on this book back in April, so scroll down there and see why this book had such an impression on me.

James is not only my favorite author, he's been a good friend and has been encouraging me to write Sea Tree. What has impressed me most about James is that he is so much like the characters in his books. James is a man of integrity, vision, humility and courage. Despite several best sellers, James has gone through four years without an income while he's worked on "As a Man Thinketh...In His Heart", a screenplay for his novel, "The Last Valentine", and starting up a new company with Mark Kastleman, Power Think and Power Think Publishing. During that time, James lost his mom and experienced other tragedies that would have caused many of us to give in to despair. His faith has inspired me as much as his encouragement has. When a best-selling author takes the time to respond to your emails and who treats you with encouragement, honesty and respect as James does, you've found a friend. I hope you'll visit James' new website: http://www.powerthink.com/index.php. Come September you'll find lots of ebooks at great prices, many free.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.
You wrote this on Real Live Preacher.
quote--
Righteousness doesn't produce relationship; relationship produces righteousness. Religion gets everything backwards. We think we can please God with our obedience, but we feel guilty when we disobey. We wake up every morning wondering whether we're facing the God of the Old Testament or the God Jesus told us about in the New Testament. Religion teaches us to pray for our needs; relationship teaches us to pray that God will be glorified in our needs. Religion enslaves us to a genocidal and angry God; relationship reveals that God's wrath is directed not at the sinner but at what sin has done to those He loves. Give me a relationship, to hell with religion.
end quote--
I'm not going to ask how you got into my mind, but thanks. :)
MMM