Ad Sense

At the bottom of my blog you'll see a box with links to various ads. It's called Ad Sense and apparently it identifies what I write about the most and then tries to lure people to commercial websites that are 'supposedly' related to my interests. It's supposed to be a way to earn money on our blogs, though I doubt many of us do.

Anyway, I'm not trying to get you to click on any of those links. I was looking at them and they all are 'Christian' based ads. There's even one titled Money Prayer that promises $500 in four hours or four days. If I understand the concept right, it seems that I've lost focus of what I started this blog for. It was intended to help me get in the habit of writing so I could finish my novel Sea Tree. Somewhere along the line I started writing about my faith and that's where this blog has gone.

Sea Tree is not a Christian novel. The central character is a former pastor turned police chief, a man who struggles with the good and evil inside him. His role as police chief parallels his former pastor role as a protector; but his dark side seeks justice. Mercy is not his spiritual gift.

There are other characters who are less than Godly. There will be some profanity. Sea Tree will be real, even if it is a fantasy. There will be romance...because I'm a romantic guy despite what my pastor's wife thinks. There will be violence, just because. There will be discussions on politics, religion, maybe even about movies, because I have my own opinions and I can say whatever I want in my own book. That my central character has a picture of Ronald Reagan on the wall of his office rather than G. W. Bush or whichever liberal wins the 2008 election, is a reflection of the values that character shares. There will be some of me in every character. Maybe I'll find out something about myself that I didn't know.

No comments: