Early Voting

Today is the first day for One-Stop Voting in North Carolina. I went by the Creedmoor City Hall on the way to work this morning to cast my votes. I'll be on my honeymoon on election day and will have other things on my mind.

I was surprised at how many people were standing in line waiting for the doors to open. In a way, it's a good thing that people are more involved this election than they have in the past. I'm not too thrilled with either candidate for the Presidency, so this election for me is more about our leaders closer to home than Washington D.C.

If what I saw this morning continues throughout the election cycle, Barack Obama will have succeeded at getting out the votes in my state. John McCain seems to be losing support as the 'moderate' Republicans go over to Obama because Sarah Palin is more conservative than they like. I like conservatism. I like Sarah Palin. In four years, she's getting my vote; and I think she will win - because with either McCain or Obama, we're getting four more years of the same mess. People will be ready for a real change in 2012.

I've decided not to buy into the doom and gloom this year. I'm getting married and we've determined that our future is going to be bright in spite of talk radio and CNN.

Regardless of who's in office, I've done my civic duty and voted. Most importantly, my faith is not in a political party, but in God. If Christians will call on Him, regardless of which political party they belong to, our nation will become better than we've ever been.

Get out and vote - it's the least you can do. Just remember, it's "In God We Trust". God bless America.

No comments: